Software Developer (Entry-Level)
Location: Calverton Office
IMS supports multiple bioinformatics initiatives from government and commercial institutions in public health and medical research applications. IMS is looking for an entry-level Software Developer
to design and develop n-tier applications for new products or enhancements. We are looking for a programmer to work on projects that range from small agile products to fully validated interfaces using multiple programming languages and design methodologies. Tasks include translating requirements into viable code, testing, debugging, and preparing documentation following company standards and applicable regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree from a U.S. Department of Education accredited institution in Computer Science or a related field with at least a 2.9 GPA
- 0-5 years of related experience
- Knowledge of at least one programming language such as Java, Python, C++, etc.
- Knowledge of current web user interfaces
- Knowledge of current development technologies and environments
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to relay technical information to clients and users in layman terms
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
- Must be able to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work within a team
- Strong presentation skills preferred
If this sounds like the right position for your career submit your application.
Submit Your Application