Application Testing Associate
Location: Calverton Office
IMS supports multiple bioinformatics initiatives from government and commercial institutions in public health and medical research applications. IMS is looking for an entry-level Application Testing Associate
to support the Client Experience team with the testing of multiple software systems to ensure full functionality and resolution of client concerns. In this position, you will conduct formal and informal testing (e.g. functional requirements, user acceptance, 508 compliance, performance, load, etc.) of software products to validate the integrity, functionality, and performance of the products prior to and after software releases, updates, and bug fixes. You will also document and track results of testing activities as well as collaborate with the Client Experience and Development teams to ensure resolution of all identified issues.
- Bachelor’s degree from a U.S. Department of Education accredited institution in Information Systems, Information Technology, Math, Biology, or a related field with at least a 3.0 GPA
- 6 months-4 years of related professional quality assurance/control experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of software testing methods and best practices
- Demonstrated understanding of the software development life cycle
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to relay technical information to team members in layman terms
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
- Must be able to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work within a team
- Understanding of database structures preferred
If this sounds like the right position for your career submit your application.
Submit Your Application