Location: Rockville Office
IMS supports multiple bioinformatics initiatives from government and commercial institutions in public health and medical research applications. IMS is looking for an Analyst/Programmer (Entry-Level)
to write programs to analyze biomedical research data. Tasks include preparing data files for analysis and data sharing, writing programs for statistical analysis, and performing error checking and summaries of researcher data files.
- Bachelor’s degree from a U.S. Department of Education accredited institution in Computer Science, Math, Biology, or related field with at least a 2.9 GPA
- 0-2 years of experience
- Proficiency in a programming language such as SAS, R, Matlab, or C
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to relay technical information to clients and users in layman terms
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with diplomacy and tact as well as maintain professionalism under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive data with integrity and security
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
- Must be able to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work within a team
- Strong presentation skills preferred
If this sounds like the right position for your career submit your application.
Submit Your Application