Front-End Web Designer
Location: Calverton Office
IMS supports multiple bioinformatics initiatives from government and commercial institutions in public health and medical research applications. IMS is looking for a Front-End Web Designer to design and code websites, covering topics including cancer statistics, public health resources, and tools for cancer centers, with an emphasis on usability and accessibility. In this position, you will collaborate with clients and IMS staff on project objectives, requirements, content strategy, process flows, and user interfaces. You will also create low and high fidelity mockups for an iterative design process and conduct compatibility tests with different web browsers and devices for new and existing functionality. Tasks will also include ensuring that websites meet the requirements for accessibility and functionality, including compliance with the latest laws and best practices for U.S. government websites.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution as determined by the U.S. Department of Education with at least a 2.9 GPA and 2-4 years of experience in graphic or web design, or Associate’s degree from an accredited institution as determined by the U.S. Department of Education with at least a 2.9 GPA and 3-5 years of experience in graphic or web design
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS
- Demonstrated experience in hand-coding HTML
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to relay technical information to clients and users in layman terms
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
- Must be able to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work within a team
- Knowledge of Section 508 and W3C WCAG 2.0 guidelines a plus
- Candidate must provide examples of previous web design work that illustrates a use of templates, grid, typography, iconography, and color
If this sounds like the right position for your career submit your application.
Submit Your Application